If anyone told me this summer was going to be as hot as this, I would have said, Shut Up!!!. It is really so hot and humid. Don't get me wrong; I love when the sun is out but when it is humid and hot at the same time, I am super uncomfortable and thirsty. I decided to stop wasting money buying cool refreshing drinks and make me and the BF a home made pitcher of refreshing freshness....:-)
I opted to make this refreshing summer drink with seasonal fruits, mint leaves and some ice. It was one of the most refreshing drinks I have had all summer and it cost me much less than buying it in a restaurant. Plus, it was healthy and very easy to make..Let's get started, shall we?
What you need
Apple Juice (Any Juice you fancy is fine)
1. Wash all fruits and Slice the Strawberry, Apple, Pineapples, Cucumber, Lemon and Lime into small pieces and place in different bowls; it would be ideal to divide them into two separate portions.
2. Wash the Mint leaves and remove the stalks by hand. You can cut the mint leaves into tiny pieces with your hand.
3. Blend one portion of the already sliced fruits into the blender with one half of the mint leaves, add some ice and blend for about one minute.
5. Slice the Lemon and Lime into small circles and the strawberry into two parts and place in the fridge for later.
6. Into the Jug, add, the remaining portion of previously sliced small pieces of the rest of the fruits with remaining mint leaves.
7. Add the juice obtained from the blended fruits into the jug and add some ice and stir.
13. Sit back, feet on stool, grab the TV control and watch your fav program in between sips..
If you get bored of this drink and you want to switch it up a little, you can add a tiny shot of an alcoholic cocktail or mocktail (If you don't like alcohol) into the mixture. I used the Sainsbury Magarita Cocktail Mix..
It was bliss.......
I decided to make some mini meals to go with out summer drink...so I whipped up some mini hot dogs, hot dog wraps, chicken wings, salmon kebabs/skewers...
.........And a platter of fruit for dessert.
After wolfing down this lil' feast (more like a mighty feast), I just went for a straight nap...I just had to but it was a well deserved nap despite the heat wave... If you want any of the recipes, let me know in the comment box and I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed drinking this refreshing summer drink...See you in my next post....xxxx