1. Get more Involved with Social Media: I want to be more involved in social media and not feel ashamed to promote my blog. I know you would think that after almost two years of blogging, I should be the queen of social media and be a pro in promoting my blog. I am quite terrible and I only promoted my blog on Facebook for a long time until I started utilising Twitter and Instagram. I am cautious about not wanting to over self promote but there is honestly nothing wrong with striking a balance in promoting something you are proud of. Everything should be done in moderation; not too little and not much. I hope to improve and shamelessly promote this little space because I am rather proud of this blog and I am not ashamed to say it.
2. Engage more with fellow bloggers: I have no idea why I am not a regular at all the lovely blogger chats on Twitter. I joined in one day and it was amazing and I really enjoyed it. I participated in the #fblchat which holds every Tuesday by 8pm and I had a wonderful time and told myself I need to engage more. It never happened so I am hoping to improve this year on that.
3. Comment more on blogs: I have so many blogs I follow on my Bloglovin app and reading them is my guilty pleasure. In fact, I get really excited when I see my favourite bloggers have uploaded a new post and I can’t wait to read them in my next free time. What I fail to do is comment or share my opinion which is terrible. I just like them on bloglovin and I think this is partly because it’s impossible to comment via Bloglovin although nothing stops me from getting on their website. I still comment on some blogs that are bookmarked on my computer but I hope to improve better and engage more. I am pleased that I always reply my readers because it really makes my day and I appreciate every single comment...x
4. Accept more opportunities to network: I am not going to claim I have an inbox overflowing with press invites or brand work because I don’t. I get a fair few and I usually turn them down for various reasons but the top of my list is not having enough time. My full time job is very demanding and busy and when I have any free time, I want to spend time with my family/loved ones and do some photography or blogging. There are not enough hours in the day which means I can’t work on many opportunities I am lucky to get. I hope to strike a balance this year and improve my engagement with brands and new opportunities that fit with my blog.
5. Improve my Photography Skills: I am pleased with the progress I made last year with my camera and general photography skills but I would like to take it a notch higher this year. I would like to experiment with backgrounds, textures and everything else to ensure my photos are clear, bright and the best I can possibly bring to the table. I also want to take more outdoor photos and use my lenses even more which may mean more outdoor posts.That's all folks so...do you have any New Year Resolutions for yourself and/or for your blog?Share them in the comments box below...See you in my next post....x