Hi My Lovelies,
It seems like a really long time since i wrote last here but it has not really been. I have been a little busier than before because a few things have changed in my working dynamics but I am trying to balance out everything including you my lovely readers. I hope your week has been lovely. I want to say a massive THANK you to all my readers both subscribers and non-subscribers, Glipho followers and Fashstyleliv Facebook Page fans. I totally appreciate your time and lovely comments you leave behind..it really and truly makes my day!! If you are not subscribed yet, you need to join my lovely readers because I am planning two lovely Giveaways soon (one from me and one from a lovely company, so stay tuned). Now to the business of the day. I have not taken any new pictures of products yet and I have quite a lot to show you all and I can't wait so this will be a different post today. Today, I will be sharing with you my Liebster Award which was given/tagged by the lovely Cheria from LoveCheria. She is really pretty and her blog is amazing. Remember when I was talking about how lovely pictures and content make me stay tuned to a blog, hers is exactly the kind of blog I had in mind. It is really fresh, refreshing and unpredictable because she writes on a number of topics which span from beauty, lifestyle, home decor, fashion, DIYs, etc.She also has lovely photography posts as well!! Don't take my word for it, hop on here to check out her lovely blog LoveCheria and also her post on the Liebster award.
What is the Liebster Award?
I am not sure of who created this award but it has been around for a little while. It is aimed at bringing many bloggers especially new ones like me (and maybe you) ti limelight. As we all know, there are so many blogs out there with lovely content but no one knows them so this is basically what this award aims to do for new bloggers.
Rules for the Liebster Award
There are a few rules that apply to the Liebster Award which include:
1.Give a Shout Out to the person who nominated you and link back to them
2.Each person should post 11 things about themselves
3. Answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
4. Choose 11 bloggers and link them in your post (preferably blogs that have less than 200 followers either on Glipho or GFC or Bloglovin) and create 11 questions for them to answer
5. Make sure you let them know they have been Liebstered via their Blogs, Twitter, Glipho, Instagram, etc.
So, you can see the number 11 is pretty special to the Liebster Award and don't ask me why as I am as curious as you are. So let's get started
11 things about Moi
- I love dogs very much especially in the past few years but I particularly love smaller pet dogs and puppies.
- I am a huge water drinker and I always carry my water bottle in my bag everywhere I go; I don't feel complete without it. I really feel annoyed having to pay almost £1 for a bottle of water when it is free in nature.
- I love to write and take pictures (photography)--let's back track; I love blogging so much and it's one of the few things I do that put a constant smile on my face.
- I would rather spend money on skin care than makeup items (I am sure you already figured that from my posts)
- Krave Cereal from Kellogs is my favourite cereal in the whole wide world and it is so addictive and expensive (I am sure they know that which is why the price keeps rising)
- Nido Milk and Peak Milk (Powdered Milk) are my homies; I totally love them and they are constant companions to my cereals. I cannot stand whole, skimmed or semi-skimmed fresh milk
- It's really hard for me to resist touching a baby's cheeks because they are so soft and fluffy and I think babies are one of the best creatures God created.
- I am a Christian and a firm believer in God and I love that he is my Father who cares and understands me.
- I cannot sing to save my life at all and no one wants me singing around them (*tears*) but i still do to annoy them (*evil laughter*.
- I don't like horror movies AT ALL.
- My favourite food of all time is Potato- Chips, Crisps, Wedges, name it..I am IN!!!
My Leibster Award Questions and Answers from Cheria
What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written so far?
Ans: This is really an unexpectedly tough question because I love all the posts I put up here on my blog. But I guess I have to narrow it down; I think it has to be Lancome Vernis in Love Nail Polish Collection which you can find here. I loved how I captured all the pictures in the sun to get the individual true colours and I had always wanted to write the post up for a really long time because I love Lancome Nail polishes.
If you could exchange lives with one living famous person who would it be and why?
Ans: At the risk of sounding really boring but I never used to think about exchanging lives with anyone famous maybe because I totally love my life and I don't wish to be anyone apart from myself because I know it's not possible if that makes any sense. Rather, i would like to be famous for something that would make a difference in one or more person's life. :-))
What is the most useful criticism you’ve ever received?
Ans: I remember going for an interview a long time ago for a job (which i got at the end, yipeee) that I needed to speak clearer and louder while controlling my nervousness. I knew I was nervous but I did not realise it was too obvious and no one could hear me because my voice was really low. I learned to control my nervousness and appear calm even when all i want to do is dash out of the room and jump on my bed for a nap. It made a difference in the way I have handled many interviews and presentations after that.
What is in your refrigerator right now?
Ans: Not very much, I'm afraid as it is always rather scant by Fridays. I like to do my food shopping on Saturday or Sunday ready for the week. But, I have some Wafer Thin Ham, Salmon trimmings, Almond milk, Baby Plum Tomatoes and Rachel's Forbidden Fruit Yoghurt (the best Yogurt in the whole wide world)- All from Sainsbury. ooohh, I just spied some mixed peppers and sweet corn at the back and thankfully, they are not off yet so i am going to have a nice dinner tonight!!
What is your guilty pleasure?
Ans: RED VELVET CAKE...:-)) I just rekindled my love for this cake and it has been my most craved and indulged guilty pleasure of all times. Wiki describes it as a cake with either a dark red, bright red or red-brown color. It's traditionally prepared as a layer cake topped with cream cheese or cooked roux icing. The reddish color is achieved by adding beetroot or red food colouring. I don't care how it is made really as I am no baker but the taste is amazing!!!
What were three of your favorite childhood movies?
1. Sound of Music 2. The Parent Trap 3.Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (I was a little older but I love it still)
What is your number one goal in life right now?
To fulfill the purpose for which God created me and to pursue all the things I am passionate about with no regrets regardless whether they are successful or not; just knowing they were pursued and actualised is all that matters (I have no doubt that they will be successful though :-)))
When was the last time you drank chocolate milk?
About 3 weeks ago and it was the Marks and Spencer Belgian Chocolate Milk Drink....It's F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C
If someone gave you $100 to buy yourself one item today, what would you get?
I would add a little extra money to that and buy myself a Clarisonic MIA II. I have had that on my wish list and will be actively saving for it soon.
What is your favorite quote or saying?
Ans: Live life to the fullest because life is too short!!
What are your three favorite blogs?
Hmmmm, it's extremely hard to narrow down because I love so many blogs and i read them religiously but I would say Birds Words, Beauty Crush and The Londoner are one of my favourite blogs of all times. These blogs always get me excited and squealing any time they have new blog posts.
MY LIEBSTER NOMINATIONS and TAGS
My 11 Questions to everyone I have Tagged?
1. Would you consider blogging as a full time job (assuming it is not right now)?
2. What is your ideal relaxation spot or place?
3. If you had to eat the same meal everyday for a month, what would you choose?
4. What's your favourite blogging tip?
5. If you were given an option to live elsewhere for a year, where would you choose and why?
6. What was your childhood aspiration to achieve when you grow up?
7. What is one beauty/makeup item you can't live without?
8. Where do you usually blog the most? (your room, bed, living room, bus, etc)
9. What is your pet peeve?
10. What's the best advice you have ever received?
11. Do you feel like you are living your dream or on your way to living it?
I hope you enjoy these questions as you answer them and if I have not tagged you and you feel like joining in, please be my very special guest. I also hope you have enjoyed this post as a whole to give you a little insight to who i am. Have a lovely week ahead...x...toodles